E1: 31A: Variance Accounting (R31804) Creates an Unusally High IC Journal Entry on an Actual Cost (Weighted Average, 02) Work Order
(Doc ID 2886129.1)
Last updated on JULY 28, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Shop Floor Control - Version 8.12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When processing Variance Accounting (R31804) over some Weighted Average (02) Work Orders, the system produces IC entries that have unexpectedly high amounts.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Work Order (P48013) for a Actual Cost (Weighted Average) manufactured item; the order quantity should be for a high amount.
2. Attach the Parts List and Routing with Order Processing (R31410).
3. Enter Material and Labor Transactions (P31113, P311221).
4. Complete the full amount (P31114).
5. Enter more material (P31113) or hours and quantities transactions (P311221).
6. Run Manufacturing Accounting (R31802A).
7. Create Sales Orders (P4210) for the item that eventually ship some of the inventory (P4205).
8. Run Variance Accounting (R31804); notice that the adjusting IC entries are for an unexpected high value.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document