E1: 46L P41202 Item availability Has Incorrect Commitments When Processing Dual UOM Item
(Doc ID 2893757.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Warehouse Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Warehouse management with License Plates and Dual items with Dual Picking Process activated then at times the inventory availability (P41202) may show incorrect commitments. When Dual UOM items with Random Weight per Case are suggested using the R46171 the quantity being updated to the F41021 Hard Commitments field (HCOM) shows the standard weight per case from the F41002 - Item Unit of Measure Conversion and not the actual weight of the case. This is most evident when hard committing an entire pallet of cases.
Item A has a standard weight of 10 Lbs. per Case and there are 119 cases per PL/LPN. The F41002 structure is 1 PL = 119 CA, and 1 CA = 10 Lbs. Primary UOM = LB and Secondary UOM = CA, Dual Picking is On so the secondary UOM is tracked in the Warehouse.
This item may have varying weight so instead of a pallet of 1190 Lbs. there may be a pallet with 1250 Lbs in stock. The On Hand (PQOH) in the F41021 shows 1250 Lbs. with a secondary quantity of 119 CA. When that LPN is hard committed to an order by running R46171 the F41021 is updated with a secondary commitment of 119 CA and primary commitment of 1190 Lbs. which then shows a primary available quantity of 60 Lbs. The secondary availability is Zero. This is misleading and confusing to users reviewing the Item availability in P41202.
Steps to Duplicate:
1) P4101 Set up Dual UOM Item with Primary UOM = LB and secondary UOM = CA and Dual Picking process activated, UOM conversion 1 PL = 119 CA = 1190 LB
2) P4114 Adjust in item with a weight that is more than the standard UOM conversion, e.g. primary 1250 LB, secondary 119 CA
3) P41202 Item availability shows correct Primary Onhand and Available as 1250 LB and secondary as 119 CA
4) P4210 Enter Sales order for primary quantity 1190 LB and secondary quantity 119 CA
5) P41202 shows Primary soft committed 1190 LB and secondary committed 119 CA for the primary location
6) P4600 Process Pick request and pick the location that has the adjusted LPN with a quantity of 1250 LB and 119 CA
7) Note Pick suggestion has been created for the correct quantities of 1250 LB and 119 CA
8) P41202 however shows a hard commitment of 1190 LB only instead of 1250 LB and a secondary commitment of 119 CA for the picking location. It also shows 60 LB as available
This is confusing as the entire weight should be committed
9) P4617 Confirm Pick Suggestion
10) Now the Item availability is updated correctly and the correct commitments of 1250 LB and 119 CA are moved to the shipping location
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document