E1: UPG: During the Installation Workbench for a Simplified or Traditional Upgrade R8900165 and R8900165U Conversion Programs Are Failing Due the "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SSL Security error" Error
(Doc ID 2895343.1)
Last updated on APRIL 25, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During the run of Installation Workbench for a Simplified or Traditional Upgrade, the R8900165 and R8900165U conversion programs (Table Conversions) are failing with the "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SSL Security error" message being recorded into the jde.log, even though SSL/TLS is not enabled on SQL Server:
This issue can be also replicated at will, outside JD Edwards EnterpriseOne by following the below steps:
1. Open odbcad32.exe from C:\Windows\SysWOW64
2. Select System DSN tab and then click on Add... button
3. Choose the SQL Server driver and click on Finish
4. In the newly opened dialog add an ODBC Name and provide the server name exactly how it is defined in Deployment Server. Click on Next
5. In the newly opened dialog, select:
- "With SQL Server authentication using a login ID and password entered by the user"
- "Connect to SQL Server to obtain default settings for the additional configuration options"
6. Fill in the JDE user and the JDE password (the one defined at SQL Server level)
7. Click on Next.
8. The following error is shown on the screen:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document