E1: 42: Pick Slip Print (R42520) Hard Commits Records Marked Inactive in "Shipping Location Preference" Type 22 (P40320)
(Doc ID 2895359.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 13, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Pick Slip Print (R42520) is hard committing inventory for a German sales order to the Status = 2 (Inactive) UK location setup in the "Shipping Location Preference" Type 22 (P40320) instead of backordering to the designated German shipping location (Active Status =1).
Steps to Duplicate:
Branch 70 is used to Supply Inventory for all European Locations. Currently Item Availability for Item 40322 in Branch 70 is as follows:
- Location HUDIG1 has 1 Unit On-Hand and 1 Unit Available and is intended to be used only for UK Sales Orders
- Location HUDIG2 has 1 Unit On-Hand and 1 Unit Available and is intended to be used only for German Sales Orders
In Location Profiles Revisions (P46020), go into HUDIG1 and check the checkbox as a staging location. Save the location.
In Location Profiles Revisions (P46020), go into HUDIG2 and check the checkbox as a staging location. Save the location.
In the Inventory Commitment (06) Preference (P40306), setup records with Status = 1 (Active) for all German customer orders for that item to are directed to Branch 70 (UK) branch plant only.
In the Shipping Locations (22) Preference (P40322), setup two records for the German Customer’s orders for that item as follows:
- HUDIG2 Germany Stocking Location = 1 (Active)
- HUDIG1 UK Stocking Location, Status = 2 (Inactive)
Setup a Sales Order Entry (P4210) version for GERMANY with the following settings on the Preferences Tab:
- Option #1 = 1 (Preferences Activated)
- Option #2 = 1 (Inventory Commitment Preference Activated)
Using the SO Entry (P4210) Version for Germany, create a sales order for the German Customer and a Quantity of 2 for the Item.
- The Branch Plant 70 is defaulted and the order is soft committed to the Blank Primary Location.
Now run Pick Slip Print (R42520) with the Hard Commit processing option activated.
Customer Service Inquiry (P4210) shows the line was split.
- Line 1.000 has Quantity 1 hard-committed to HUDIG1 (UK Stocking Location)
- Line 1.001 has Quantity 1 hard-committed to HUDIG2 (German Stocking Location)
- Client expected Shipping Locations preference to bypass Location HUDIG1 because the preference record status = 2 (Inactive)
- Client expected Quantity 1 to be backordered to Location HUDIG2
Check Item Availability Inquiry (P41202)
- HUDIG1 (UK Location) 1 Hard Committed and Zero Backordered (Expected Zero Hard Committed)
- HUDIG2 (German Location) 1 Hard Committed and Zero Backordered (Expected 1 Backordered)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document