E1: 42: SO Entry (P4210 & P42101) Doesn't Reset End-Use Preference If Order Quantity Changed; Case Quantity Not Enforced
(Doc ID 2896756.1)
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a user sets up the End-Use preference to populate a “P” in the End-Use field, Powerforms Sales Order Entry (P42101) correctly populates End-Use field with “P” if the order quantity is divisible by 12 but does not change the End-Use field from “P” (resolved) to blank (not resolved) if the user changes the order quantity to a number not divisible by 12 (not resolved). This causes a mandatory price adjustment error to not get set to prevent the partial case order.
Steps to Duplicate:
- Create a new item (PK12EA) with Primary UOM = EA and where 12 EA per 1 PK.
- Setup an Item Group Code PK12EA in UDC 40/54. This is to identify items where 12 EA = 1 PK.
- Assign a Pass/Fail code in UDC 40/EU that gets applied by the preference to order lines with quantities in increments of 12.
- The value “P” indicates the quantity check is Passed.
- The code will not get assigned to order lines with quantities such as 13, 35, … etc that are not in increments of 12.
- Go into Preference Master (P40070) for Preference Type 04 (End Use Preference) and take the Row Exit to Master Revision.
- Check the checkbox to Enable Effective Quantity and save.
- Returning to the Preference Master (P40070) for Preference Type 04 (End Use Preference), take the Form Exit to Item Groups.
- In Work with Item Group Preferences (P40072), Find the Item Number (PK12EA) and click the green checkmark.
- Add the Item Number PK12EA to the Item Group (P40072) End Use field and Save.
- In End Use Profile Revisions (P40304) enter PK12EA in the Item Group and "P" (Passed Quantity Check) in the End Use field with From and Thru Quantities as follows:
- End Use = “P”, Quantity From = “12”. Quantity Thru = “12".
- End Use = “P”, Quantity From = “24”. Quantity Thru = “24”
- End Use = “P”, Quantity From = “36”. Quantity Thru = “36”
- End Use = “P”, Quantity From = “48”. Quantity Thru = “48”
- Add as many entries as desired with Quantity From = Quantity Thru and all quantities divisible by 12.
- In the Preference Selection (R40400) make sure the End-Use preference is selected on Process Ctl Tab
- Create an Order Detail Group (P4092 Version ZJDE0003) named (ENFORCE) and enter a 1 in the End Use field to fetch adjustments based on the value in the End Use field of the Sales Order Detail (F4211) Line.
- On Price Adjustment Definition (P4071)
- Select a line level adjustment
- Populate the Order Detail Group (ENFORCE)
- Check the Mandatory Price Adjustment Checkbox and the Quantity Break radio button and save the adjustment definition.
- Create a Price Adjustment schedule with only the mandatory adjustment in it.
- On Price Adjustment Detail Revisions (P4072), enter From Level, leave the Factor Value Numeric Blank and Basis Code 5 and a P the End Use field.
- In SO Entry (P4210) version make sure preferences are activated.
- Create a Powerforms SO Entry (P42101) version that calls the P4210 Version.
- Using the Version of SO Entry (P42101) create a Sales order for 1 unit of Item PK12EA.
- The system returns the “No price found for mandatory adjustment” (008U) and the End Use field is blank.
- The preference was not resolved because the Quantity Order was not divisible by 12.
- Change the Quantity to 12 EA. End Use field is populated with “P”.
- End Use Preference is resolved and the error disappears.
- Change the quantity to 18 (1.5 PK) which is not allowed.
- The End Use field is still populated with “P” and the error to prevent the partial case does not appear.
- End Use Preference should have changed the value back to blank.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document