E1: 03B: One View Customer Ledger Inquiry (P03B2022) Go To End Performance in OCI Cloud Significantly Slower than in On-Premise Install
(Doc ID 2901066.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 20, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Accounts Receivable - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During testing for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) migration it was found that the One View Customer Ledger Inquiry (P03B2022) is much slower than On Premise. Due to the nature of the application the users need to retrieve all the rows for a certain set of criteria in order to then call associated One View reports. Hence they press Find and Go To End. After Go To End the application will fetch batches of rows based on the SectionSize parameter from JAS.ini and in the web browser the user will see the section that is retrieved.
Ex.: If section size is 200 the application will fetch groups of 200 rows and the user will see 1-200, 201-400, 401-600, etc.
On OCI the time it took to retrieve the rows for each section was much slower than in the previous On Premise install. With SectionSize=500 the time to fetch one section was approximately 5 seconds on premise and 12 seconds in the OCI. Depending on the query the number of rows can be very large, and the time to process the Go To End can be large as well.
Steps to replicate:
- Open One View Customer Ledger Inquiry (P03B2022).
- Enter the query criteria and press the Find button.
- After the first set of rows is retrieved, press Go To End
- Notice the application is retrieving the following sections and displays the current section being retrieved.
- With SectionSize=500 the time to fetch one section was approximately 5 seconds on premise and 12 seconds in the OCI. In the end it could add up to many minutes.
The issue occurred after setting new servers to OCI.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document