E1: 52: When Processing a Lump Sum Billing Line, the System Allows Saving the Amount on Invoice Billing Line Revisions (P52221), Despite Throwing Error Id 342A in Red "Amount to Date Limit Exceeded"
(Doc ID 2902115.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Contract and Service Billing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When processing a lump sum billing line, after running Contract Billing Invoice Generation (R52121), on P52221 Invoice Billing Line Revisions, the system allows saving, despite throwing error id 342A in red "Amount to Date Limit Exceeded", and so it allows to over bill the customer.
Steps to reproduce:
1. On P5201 create a new contract.
2. On P5202 Contract Billing Line Revisions set up the contract with three billing lines type L, with Schedule of Values (SOV) set respectively to 5000, 1000, and 1500
3. Run R52121 Contract Billing Invoice Generation over the contract, with data selection DOCO = 495
4. Then Go to G52 > Contract Billing > Periodic Processing > Invoice Processing > Batch Review (P48221). On P48221 locate the batch in the grid, select it, drill into the batch, then into the invoice created by running R52121, and on each of the billing lines of the invoice populate the Net Amount with an amount bigger than the SOV. Noticed that even the system is throwing the error id 342A "Amount to Date Limit Exceeded" on P48221 Batch Review – Lump Sum Billing Line Revisions, if changing the pointer of the mouse from the Net Amount field to a different field, for example Stored Materials field, then the system allows to save the modification.
5. When returning to Batch Review (P48221), run Journal Generation (R48131) from Row exit, followed by running Create A/R (R48199) from Row exit.
6. Go to P0011 Work with Batches and post the newly created IB batch, containing the Contract Billing invoice. Double-check the customer has been over billed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document