E1: 08B: Batch Enrollment R083800 is Incorrectly Updating the Current Employee Flex Deduction for a Future Rate Change
(Doc ID 2914218.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 07, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Human Resources Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For the current year the flexible plan cost and credit are the same amount (zero cost) and the Employee Flex Deduction DBA has a zero amount. The benefit rates are updated for a future date where the flexible plan cost and credit are not the same amount (existing cost to employee) and the Employee Flex Deduction DBA will have an amount. Run the Batch Enrollment R083800/Recalculation Option Costs R083810 the flexible plan and associated cost and credit DBAs are correctly ended and new DBAs are created for the date of the rate change for the employee but the Employee Flex Deduction DBA is not ended. The current Employee Flex Deduction DBA record is updated with the total of the flexible plans rate change.
Since the existing Employee Flex Deduction DBA is not ended and a new Employee Flex Deduction DBA record created with the total of the flexible plans rate change with a future date the current payroll is incorrectly including the future rate.
1. Create 2 benefit DBAs for the cost and credit of a flex plan.
2. Verify the generic plan FMEDEE Medical Flex Ee Only, set as Flex Plan, set EE Flex Cost and ER Flex Credits to the DBAs from step 1. Enter plan rates for each DBA for 2022 and 2023. The 2022 cost and credit plan rates are the same amount. No deduction amount for the employee. The 2023 cost and credit plan rates are not the same amount. The cost is $5 more than the credit. There will be a deduction amount for the employee in 2023.
3. Verify the generic FLEX benefit group in P08350, for the medical category, and that the plan FMEDEE is assigned. Verify there is an Employee Flex Deduction (category type 2) and associated plan and DBA.
4. In Enrollment with Eligibility P08334 assign the plan to an employee. Note the Employee Flex Deduction plan is automatically selected as it is setup as Mandatory. The Payroll Ded Amount is blank since the cost and credit plan rates are the same amount.
5. Run the employee through a payroll.
6. Run the Batch Enrollment R083800/Recalculation Option Costs R083810 with an effective date of 1/1/2023. Review the PDF and verify the plan FMEDEE Medical Flex Ee Only was ended as of 12/31/2022. The Employee Flex Deduction plan was not ended. The R083810 shows no Stop Date and a new amount.
7. Run a payroll for 2022 and note the deduction which should be for 2023 is incorrectly taken.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document