E1: 42: Sales Order Entry (P4210) Ends In an Error "Delivery Date Is Greater Than Sell By Date" With Error ID E42B5
(Doc ID 2931677.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create a new sales order for an item with promised ship date greater than the sell by date, the following error occurs.
"Delivery Date is greater than Lot's Sell by Date"
Error ID - E42B5
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) P4210 - Created an item GPSO7 with commitment date method set to 2 for sell by date
2) P4114 - Added on hand inventory to primary location
3) P4108 - Set the sell by date to 2/21
4) P4210 - Create a sales order with requested date on 2/24
5) Observe it ends in a hard error - "Delivery Date is greater than Lot's Sell by Date" Error ID - B42B5
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document