E1: 07: Company Tax Override And Employee Tax Override Are Conflicting And Calculating Tax Incorrectly for Tax Area 33-I
(Doc ID 2933283.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Employee Tax Overrides For 33-I Are Omitted If Company Tax Overrides Are Also Set
CO 00001 processes Severance and Bonus and the 33-I tax rate override of -0- is not being followed when the employee is set up with an employee override record for 33-I = 0 also.
Steps to Duplicate:
1. From P059081A Corporate Tax ID for Company 00001 set as 33 - I NOT APPLICABLE
2. From P079221 Unemployment Insurance Rates set for 33 - I = .0000
3. From P0801 add a new employee.
4. From P060120 The employee has Tax Overrides for 33 – I set as Additional Federal Withholding = .00 and Alias: FT01 = F
5. From P059116 add new Pay Types 405 Bonus & 705 Severance both with Auto Pay Method = B
6. From P07210I add a new Interim ID and run a test for Bonus and Severance payments; Tax Detail shows 33 – I calculated for $0.60
7. From review P059081A and make sure Corporate Tax ID for Company 00050 is also set with 33 - I NOT APPLICABLE
8. New Interim run from P07210I for Pay Types 405 Bonus payment, Tax Type 33 – I did not calculate as expected.
9. New Interim run for Regular payment for Company 00001, Tax Type 33 – I did not calculate as expected.
10. P060120 Remove the tax overrides for 33 – I from the employee.
11. New Interim run for Bonus and Severance payments, Tax Type 33 – I did not calculate as expected. Tax Detail shows when using a payment type that is not supplemental pay, the override rate of -0- is being picked up.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document