E1: 42: P42101 Sales Order Entry Rolls Back Transaction On Failed Insert to F42420 Audit Log Transaction Table
(Doc ID 2944279.1)
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When making a change in the P42101 header then going into the detail and making a change to the 2nd component of a kit item by selecting the Line Availability tab, then selecting inventory from a secondary location, then clicking on the Select Inventory button and submitting the order the transaction is rolled back.
1) P4210. Set processing option Use Audit Log for Sales Order Changes to 1 under the Audit Log tab.
2) P42101. Define the P4210 version in P42101 processing options.
3) P42101. Enter an order header first for a kit item with 2 components and save.
4) P42101. Re-inquire on the order header first and make a change in the header to any field which will default to the detail lines. In this case we are making a change to Customer PO. Click OK.
5) P42101. In the detail select the 2nd kit component line then select the Line Availability tab. Select inventory from a secondary location then click the Select Inventory button. Select Submit and Close. The following errors are shown and the transaction is rolled back.
Save of form data failed.Errors on JAS:
Transaction cannot be committed. It was canceled.
6) P00095. Check Record Reservation and note one was created for the rollback.
7) Review the jde.log and note the rollback occurred because of a failed insert to the F42420.
OCI0000178 - Unable to execute - INSERT INTO PRODDTA.F42420
OCI0000179 - Error - ORA-00001: unique constraint (PRODDTA.F42420_PK) violated
JDB9900401 - Failed to execute db request
JDB3400009 - Failed to perform Insert for F42420
JDB9901232 - Canceling transaction because: TC052 InsertTable: Insert failed
8) P4210. Disable the Use Audit Log audit log processing option then repeat the same test above. The transaction will not fail however the secondary location selected in step 5 is not retained.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document