E1: 34: Master Planning Schedule - Multiple Plan - R3483 Expired Past Forecast is Included in Past Due 1 When Using Forecast Consumption
(Doc ID 2944870.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running R3483 with Forecast Consumption logic turned ON the Forecast from periods prior to the current Consumption period is included in Past Due 1 and inflates the Demand for the item. Forecasts prior to the current Forecast Consumption period should be ignored and only Forecasts inside of Past Due 2 should be included.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Select an Item that has some Dependent Demand but is also sellable and set up for Forecast Consumption (Planning Fence H).
- Add a Forecast for a distant Past date (outside of the current Forecast Consumption Period, example 12/16/2022 when current period is April 2023)
- Add a Forecast for a Future date for reference.
- Run R3483 with the Processing Options set to Consume Forecast.
- Review the P3413 Time Series and P3411 Messages, note that the old (expired) Forecast results in Demand in Past Due 1 bucket.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document