E1: 07Y: Electronic File for W2 (EFW2) Mag Media, R8907865, Is Creating Two RT (Total) Records Resulting in the File Being Rejected by the IRS
(Doc ID 2945583.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 15, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The employer has two types of employees, regular and government employees. Regular employees have a Tax Method on the Nat'l/Fiscal screen of either blank (Normal Tax Methods) or 5 (Exempt from FICA/MEDICARE); the Tax History Type in the F06136 is either blank or 4. The government employees have a Tax Method of 4 (Medicare Only); the Tax History Type in the F06136 is 3.
The R8907865, W-2 Federal Mag Media - Electronic File (EFW2) is creating an RE (Employer) record with file position 219 = R (Regular), creating RS (State) records for the employees with Tax History Type blank or 4, and then creating an RT (Total) record. It then creates another RE (Employer) record with file position 219 = Q (Medicare Qualified Government Employment), creates RS (State) records for the employee with Tax History Type 3 (Medicare Only), creates another RT record, then creates a RF (Final) record with the total number of W2s.
The IRS is rejecting the file because of the two RT records thereby forcing the client to manually remove the first RT record and adjust the amounts in the remaining RT record.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. From P0801 add four new employees and enter on the Employee Nat’l/Fiscal Screen, P0801US, a Tax Method of blank for one employee, Tax Method of 5 for another employee and Tax Method of 4 for two employees.
2. From P07210 run the employees thru a payroll cycle to create history records.
3. From P070920 review Tax History to verify that the employee with a Tax Method of blank has Tax History Type records = blank, that employee with a Tax Method of 5 has Tax History Type records = 4 and the employees with Tax Method of 4 have Tax History Type records = 3.
4. From P07810 go to the Year-End Workbench and create a year-end ID for the payroll year that was processed.
5. From BV add a new version of R078301 and use Data Selection to limit the build to the four employees.
6. Submit the Year-End ID P07810 to build the workfile.
7. Create the EFW2 Mag Media file R8907865, using XJDE0001 Version
8. Review the generated file and notice an RE record is created with position 219 = R, two employees are listed and an RT record is created. Then another RE record is created with position 219 = Q, two employees are listed and an RT record is created. The RF record shows four records.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document