E1: 43: Full Qty of Fully Released Blanket Order is Again Open to Release After Change to Related PO Qty, (Increase & Decrease Back To Original Qty) in P4310 - Open Orders - Work With Order Details
(Doc ID 2949732.1)
Last updated on MAY 18, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After a blanket order has been fully released to create multiple purchase orders, if one of those purchase orders is changed in P4310, (increase quantity, save and then decrease quantity back to original and save), the full / entire quantity of the blanket order is once again "Open" and available to release to a Purchase Order.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Entire Blanket (OB) quantity/amount is released to multiple purchase orders (OP) using P43060 - Generate POs from Blanket - Work With Order Release. As a result, there is no open quantity/amount remaining to release from this blanket.
- For example, the OB Quantity = 1000. 4 POs are generated from the blanket with Quantities 200, 300, 400 & 100 which consume the total quantity of the blanket.
- Order shows full quantity of 1000 available to ‘Receive’ (or release to a PO) in P4310 Blanket Order Inquiry.
- Using P43060 - Generate POs from Blanket - Work With Order Release, generated 4 POs from the blanket with Quantities 200, 300, 400 & 100 which consume the total quantity of the blanket. (Via Databrowser - F4311 shows these 4 POs that are related to the Blanket Order.)
- Blanket Order Inquiry now shows Zero “Quantity To Receive”, (or release to PO).
- In P4310 - Open Orders - Work With Order Details, select the quantity 400 record and manually update the "Quantity To Receive" changing the value of 400 to 4000 and save. (This is to mimic a data entry error by a user.)
- Row Exit to Order Detail, change Quantity Ordered to 4000 and save the record.
- Again in P4310 - Open Orders - Work With Order Details, select this same record which now shows quantity 4000.
- Row Exit to Order Detail
- Manually update the "Quantity To Receive" changing the value of 4000 back to the original quantity of 400 and save.
- Review the Blanket Order using P4310 Blanket Order entry or P4310 Blanket Order Inquiry - Work With Order Details where you will see the full quantity of the original Blanket/OB order is now showing open and available to release to a PO.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document