E1: 17: When Using CRM - Manage Work Order Parts - P90CD015 Application the Cache Cursor is Not Closed and the Data Pointer is Not Removed in the BSFN GetBranchConstants - B4000150
(Doc ID 2950506.1)
Last updated on MAY 21, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Service Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Memory Leak issues (Cache / Data Pointer) in CRM - Manage Work Order Parts P90CD015 application occur when calling BSFN B4000150 - GetBranchConstants'.
The F41001 fetch is passed, lpDS->cReturnPtr is set to '1' in F3111EditLine to retrieve the pointer from GetBranchConstants and allocated memory for the entire row and return the pointer to the row in lpDS->idF41001LongRowPtr, but same is not cleared from F3111EndDoc or F3111EditLine. The pointer needs to be removed and respective memory also needs to be freed up since it is allocated with jdeAlloc.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Access P90CD020 | ZJDE0001 application with log enabled.
2. Access any valid Service Order in revision mode.
3. In P90CD002 click on Parts Tab and add a new part detail line. For the component add the required info. E.g.: Inventory Item Number, Estimated Quantity etc, then click on the grid. All other details are auto populated once the user tabs down in the grid.
4. P90CD002 - Click on ‘Save Changes’ button on the current form (Parts) and then control will be retained on the same form after changes are saved.
5. In P90CD002 click on 'Close' button. Control is redirected to the main form (P90CD020) once revision form (Parts) is closed.
6. P90CD020 - Click 'Close' button on the main form and then capture the logs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document