E1: 42: Sales Invoice Print (R42565) Returns Blank PDF and Error OS400QL010 FetchSQLRow:Fetch failed in the JDE.LOG
(Doc ID 2950752.1)
Last updated on MAY 23, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrading from 8.12 to 9.2, if a user tries to Reprint an Invoice (R42565) on the iSeries AS/400 Enterprise Server in their DV environment (TESTDTA), the program returns a Blank PDF stating “No Data Selected”. If the same test is done on the iSeries AS/400 in their Pristine (PS920DTA) environment, the Invoice is printed on the Report PDF.
- This occurs only if there are no records in the Sales Detail History (F42119) file.
- The client does not purge to the Sales Detail History (F42119) file at the time of Sales Update (R42800).
ERRORS IN JDEDEBUG LOG
The UNION ALL (F4211 and F42119) SELECT statement in the Logs for the DV Environment (TESTDTA) show the following database specific errors indicating failure to fetch the records as shown below:
If this SQL Statement is executed from the SQL prompt in the iSeries AS/400, it does return records and does not return Errors in the Debug Logs.
Steps to Duplicate:
- Sign into the DV920 environment.
- In Customer Service Inquiry (P4210) find a sales order that has already been processed through Sales Update (R42800).
- Verify in Databrowser the order still exists in the Sales Detail (F4211) file.
- Verify in Databrowser the order DOES NOT exist in the Sales Detail History (F42119) file.
- Run a Reprint Version of Sales Invoice Print (R42565) with Debug Logs activated and Data Selection on the closed order.
- Default Tab Option #5 (Prevent Next Status Update) = 1 (Prevent next status update).
- Default Tab Option #6 (Prevent A/R Number Assignment) = 1 (Prevent).
- The job appears to complete normally.
- The Report PDF is blank and says “No data selected”.
- Retrieve the JDEDEBUG log.
- Search for “OS400QL010”
- Verify the message OS400QL010 - FetchSQLRow:Fetch failed.
- Verify the message “JDB9900172 - Failed to execute db fetch Exiting Fetch with Failure”.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document