E1: 49: P4980 - Not Displaying Routing Options If no Postal Code is Present in Carrier Zone Setup
(Doc ID 2952413.1)
Last updated on JUNE 13, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When selling to international customers which many times are located in remote areas and so, the physical address is enough to do the delivery (no postal code), system is not finding available route as the carrier zone does not have postal code set up.
Make sure following setup:
a.) Routing Hierarchy - form exit within the Work with Routing Entries (P4950) program.
Route Rules Description Seq. Number
01 Ship to Address 10
02 Route 20
03 Postal Code, Country 30
04 Carrier Zone 40
b.) Transportation Constants – P49002 - Set Minimum Postal code to "3"
c.) Address Book – P01012 – Customer does not have postal code in address book. This can happen many times when delivery address is a vicinity, or rural area and no postal code included.
d.) Work With Carrier Zones - P4951 - No postal code set
e.) Work With Route Entries – P4950 -
f.) Preference Master – P40070 - No preference set
g.) Work With Mode of Transport Profiles - P40334 - No preferences for that Branch Plant
h.) P40071 – Work With Customer Group Prefences - NONE
i. Work With Rate Definitions – Work With rates – P4972
j. Work With Rate Definitions – P4970
k. Work With Rate Schedules
1. P4210 – Create a new transportation sales order using Branch Plant (7670) in and Customer (AB#76420) in another country and set up in previous steps
2. P4915 - Check the Shipment create for that order and check for available routing options
3. P4980 - See no routing options available
Before creating another sales order, go to P01012 and populated postal code with dummy value and save it. Test the issue again using same Branch Plant and same customer number.
1. P4210 – Create a new sales order for B/P=7670 and Customer = 76420. Save it.
2. Work with Shipment – P4915. Take Row exit to Routing Options
3. Work With Routing Options – P4980. See that now a route is available. This would be expected even when postal code is not populated for International customer
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document