E1: 34: Master Planning Schedule - Multiple Plant - R3483 is Under Planning for Forecast Consumption Items with Demand On a Non-working Day That is Also the First Day of the Consumption Period
(Doc ID 2955536.1)
Last updated on JUNE 16, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
R3483 Requirements Planning (MRP) R3483 under plans Supply when using Forecast Consumption when the Demand falls on the 1st Day of the Consumption Period (in this case 1st of the Month) which is also a non-Work day. The Demand is ignored and then is not picked up in any later periods. The results are different if MRP is run Data Selecting on just 1 or on multiple Branch Plants.
The expectation is that R3483 should not lose track of Demand on a non-work day and should give consistent results for all data selection combinations.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Determine in the Shop Floor Calendar where Forecast Consumption Period has First Day of the Period and Month on a non-work Day.
- Select an Item that is used in multiple Branch Plants.
- Enter Forecast Demand on that Date in the Demand Branch. (Note that Demand from Work Orders or Sales Orders is planned correctly, this issue only affects Forecast Demand).
- Run R3483 with Processing Options set to enable Forecast Consumption
- Review the resulting Time Series and Messages - note the item is under planned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document