E1: 07: 401K Calculations Are Incorrect In Pre-Payroll, R07200, When 401K DBA Is Attached To Multiple Group Plans, P059101
(Doc ID 2967872.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
401K calculates correctly when setup on Group Plan and the employee only works at one Union for that pay period. It does not calculate correctly when employee works in two different unions within that same pay period.
Steps to Reproduce:
- From Work with PDBAs (P059116), add a Deduction PDBA Code (2220 401K) and a Benefit PDBA Code (5220 401K Match).
For Benefit PDBA Code 5220, Place a checkmark on Calculate for All Employees in Advanced DBA Information P059117.
2. From P059116, Work with PDBAs, select 5220 and Row exit Basis of Calculation PDBA Code. The header should show PDBA Code 5220 PDBA Type B then add 2220 401K in Grid (From PDBA 2220 Thru PDBA 2220).
3. From P059116, Work with PDBAs, select 5220 and Row exit Calculation Tables and add Table Method R1 (Retirement Match w/tiers) with 05220 as Table Code.
4. Select 5220 from Work with PDBAs Row exit to Retirement Match. 05220 will appear in Retirement Plan Code field. Click on Find. Then select 05220 and click on Check Mark.
5. From Retirement Plan Calculation Table Revisions. P059023, Set up ranges as follows:
6. From P0801, Work With Employee Information add a new employee with a Union Code of 1000 and Job Type 0A-4. If using existing user, select user then select Basic Compensation, P0801CMP.
7. From P0801, type the employee number in the Employee No. field in the Grid and Find.
Select the employee record and click on Employee DBA Instructions, P050181, add the Deduction PDBA Code (2220) for this employee for 401K.
8. From P059101, Group Plan DBA Setup - Work With Group Plan DBA Setup. Add a Union Code of 1000, Job type 0A-4 and Table Code 05220.
Add a Union Code of 2000 Job Type 0A-1 and Table Code 05220.
9. To Test, run an interim for this one employee with 8 hours for Union Code 1000 Job Type 0A-4 and 32 hours for Union Code 2000 Job Type 0A-1.
Results when using one Union. 2220 Deduction is $78.26 based on Gross Pay of $1304.40 which is correct (6%). Gross Pay (5220) 401K Match is 58.70 which is correct according to the Retirement Plan Calculation Table. (0-3% 100%, 3.01-6.00 50%).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document