E1: 43: Cancel Line After Change from Lump Sum Leaves Orphan Record In F43199 (P4310)
(Doc ID 2976818.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When cancel a Contract Order Line, one with hard error due to invalid changes made, the error clears and the line is saved as a canceled line, including the changes that resulted in the error, such as for Quantity or Lump Sum Line Cannot Change error. Review the F4311 and the F43199 and find that the change from a lump sum to a unit cost, was saved to F4311, along with the cancel line status codes. For the F43199, the changes in the P4310 were saved as a new line and the cancel is recorded in an offsetting record, leaving an orphan record for the original F43199 record for the lump sum entry.
- In P4310, Enter a Lump Sum Line Type J, contract order.
- Make update to PO line trying to change the Lump Sum Contract PO to a unit cost contract PO.
- When Save Changes, you receive a Quantity or Lump Sum Line Cannot Change error and can’t save the information. This is a valid error.
- Without exiting the P4310 screen, select the updated line and Row exit to Cancel Line and the error is cleared, so the line shows as cancelled and now can enter a new line with unit cost corrections.
- When the cancel line program is executed, it is updating the F4311 with the user changes (qty, price) along with creating the F43199 based on the updated PO values.
- Note, this leaves the original lump sum line untouched in F43199. Now have an orphan F43199 record, with no obvious means to reconcile the open amount.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!