E1: TC: Table Conversion Causes Event Rules Debugger Tool / ER Compare Tool to Crash When These Tools Try to Load Specs of the Table Conversion in 64 bit Environment
(Doc ID 2993191.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When users try to debug a specific custom table conversion using event rules debugger tool on windows development machine, they are not able to load the table conversion (TC) in the debugger. As soon the TC version is selected to load the event rules code in the debugger , the debugger tool crashes and disappears. Similar issue happens when trying to load the same TC in ER compare tool. Few observations for this issue are as below:
- There are no specific error messages captured in logs when the Debugger or ER-Compare crashes.
- This issue is specific to custom TC. While this may affect a standard TC, no standard TC has been tested for this issue.
- This issue does not affect all custom TCs
- This may be related to the TCs that have different formats defined in the design but the exact design or feature that causes the crash in undetermined.
While this issue cannot be replicated without a custom TC , below are the steps to replicate using the specific TC object available as a PAR file.
- Login to JDE fat client.
- Open OMW by typing OMW or P98220 in fast path.
- Select any available project and click on the restore button.
- Click yes on the prompt to load the object from a zip file and navigate to the par file location to restore the custom TC object.
- Type BV in fast path to open P98305 batch versions application.
- Find the custom TC and Add a new Version (example name TEST) for the table conversion.
- Type Debug in fast path and then click on debugger menu item to open debugger tool.
- Click on the Table Conversions Tab and find the TC that is restored in OMW.
- Double click on the row containing table conversion version name created in step 6.
- Notice the Debugger Crashes after few seconds of trying to load the specs.
- Try to open this TC in ER compare and notice the ER compare tool also crashes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document