E1: UBE: Data Displayed in Excel is Different Than Data Exported to CSV Report
(Doc ID 633901.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version SP24 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Some users report that when viewing CSV outputs in Excel, date columns are not recognized as such, causing Excel to handle these dates as text.
When opening CSV in Excel or in other third party applications, the date is not formatted as expected. These are few examples of issues that you might find in the data displayed:
- Dates are interpreted as text
- Dates with 2 digit years are converted to the wrong year
- Leading zeroes are removed
- Trailing zeroes in decimal numbers are removed
- Decimal or thousand separator are different
- Text fields are interpreted as numbers
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!