E1: 42: Customer Service Sales Order Entry (P42101) in 8.11 and above
(Doc ID 647845.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 8.11 Base and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne CRM Sales Order Entry - Version 8.11 Base and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 8.11 Base and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Processing - Version 8.11 Base and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A new program called Customer Service Order Entry (P42101) has been delivered in releases 8.11 and above. This was introduced as a part of the Sales Force Automation (SFA) enhancements with the 8.11 Release. This program is for order entry just like Sales Order Entry (P4210) but has been redesigned for:
- Improved task flow
- Key functions front and center
- Users can choose the information to display in the grid
- Easy Order Header Editing
- Order Summary regardless of processing option settings
- Real time notification of order holds
- Leveraging of new architecture call Power Forms, which allows the main Applications Forms to be used with Subforms providing for improved navigation flexibility and functionality.
New features introduced by Customer Service Order Entry (P42101) make customer phone interaction easier for customer service agents during sales order entry. Some of these new features include:
- Ability to verify and change order contact information before saving the order.
- Ability to verify and change order details without having to use row exits to view additional data fields.
- Real time notification of order holds to allow discussion of past due A/R or other issues before finalizing the order.
- Ability to review order totals and tax amounts to allow discussion of the impact of order changes before finalizing the order.
- Ability to identify and inform the client what free items they will receive when free goods are used.
Note: P42101 uses the processing options of the P4210 version set in the Versions tab (with the exception of the processing options that can be set directly in P42101 on the Display, Order Inquiry and TaskFlow tabs
A new Customer Service Order Entry (P42101) has more tabs and is can be easier to use than the standard Sales Order Entry (P4210) form.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Differences between Traditional Sales Order Entry (P4210) and Customer Service Sales Order Entry (P42101)|
|Differences in Header Data Entry|
|Differences in Detail Data Entry|
|Differences in Customer Service Inquiry|
|Credit Orders from History|