E1: ESU: How To View ESU Source Code using Visual ER Compare Tool
(Doc ID 655079.1)
Last updated on APRIL 20, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version SP24 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document provides details on how to use the Visual ER Compare Tool to view specs of objects in a Software Update patch (ESUs and ASUs). The purpose of this document is two fold:
- Show how to use Visual ER to compare existing Event Rules (ER) to the ER contained in a Software Update that has not yet been applied.
- Show how to extract C source files from a Software Update (ESUs and ASUs).
This document can be used to extract code from an ESU for use in creating your own paper fix or code change.
Support is designed to deliver bug fixes through ESUs not paper fixes. EnterpriseOne Development no longer supports code change requests for delivered ESU's. Paper fix (code change) requests must go through an approval process and only critical fixes or fixes not yet published in an ESU qualify for approval.
You may elect to create your own Paper Fix by using the steps provided in this solution.
It is recommended that a Pristine environment that is relatively code current (within a few months) should be maintained. This would allow testing to see if the issue is fixed in base code, as well as giving any developer insight to any dependent code that may be needed in addition to the subject fix. The process of applying ESUs and regression testing should be a normal part of software maintenance and maintaining code currency. If this maintenance is not performed, you will eventually find that a paper fix is not feasible.
* The Visual ER comparison process will not work for changes that have been made to Business Views, Data Dictionary Items, Data Structures (including media object and processing options), Tables, and UDC Tables.
* The Visual ER comparison process will not show any GUI based changes in FDA, RDA, or TDA. Examples include check boxes, addition of grid columns, or database output.
* To compare C files a third party text comparison tool will be needed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Steps to export ER for an object from a Software Update|
|Steps to extract C objects from a Software Update|