E1: ESU: How To View ESU Source Code using Visual ER Compare Tool
Last updated on MAY 30, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version SP24 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How to use Visual ER Compare Tool to view specs of objects in a Software Update patch (ESUs and ASUs).
The purpose of this document is two fold:
- Show how to use Visual ER to compare existing Event Rules (ER) to the ER contained in a Software Update that has not yet been applied.
- Show how to extract C source files from a Software Update (ESUs and ASUs).
Please see below for the steps with screenprints for how to extract the object's specs and ER.
* The Visual ER comparison process will not work for changes that have been made to Business Views, Data Dictionary Items, Data Structures (including media object and processing options), Tables, and UDC Tables.
* The Visual ER comparison process will not show any GUI based changes in FDA, RDA, or TDA. Examples include check boxes, addition of grid columns, or database output.
* To compare C files a third party text comparison tool will be needed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms