Last updated on MAY 30, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version SP23 and Prior and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 24-Dec-2013***
Client in the process of upgrading E1 software from EnterpriseOne 8.10 to 9.0 application release level.
Need clarification about the Specification Merge flag settings in the following scenarios:
1. Custom Objects - Customer needs to bring their custom objects all across from E1 8.10 to E1 9.0. Currently their custom objects are flagged as C/1. (Changed / 1-Merge). With these setting, will it merge the custom objects from E810 to E9 ?
2. Standard JDE Objects modified by customer - They are flagged as C/2. (2 - Do not Merge)
- However they have noticed that, currently the standard JDE objects modified by client is marked as C/1.
- Do they need to change them to C/2? If they change them to be flagged as C/2, will it bring the E1 9.0 functionality to those objects with their modifications?
- or Flag C/2 means Replace, and in this case the E1 software upgrade will replace the 8.10 objects with the 9.0. And after the upgrade, customer needs to incorporates the changes manually . Customer would like a confirmation if this last statement is correct.
3. Non-Modified standard JDE objects - No Flag changes required. Currently the non-modified objects are flagged with Blank/Blank. So those objects will be replaced with new 9.0 objects. Customer would also like a confirmation if this statement is correct.
Customer needs clarification on these points as well:
4. How does the upgrade handle the Z and X versions which we had some PO changes?
For XJDE Versions, they should automatically be replaced as part of the upgrade and not be merged forward ?
- Generally, the specification merge will merge the processing option values while retaining the specifications and data selections as pristine from the upgrade. Customer would also like a confirmation if this statement is correct.
5. Localization and Languages
- What will happen to the Localization and Language packs we applied to E1 8.10? After the upgrade, should they install the relevant 9.0 localization ESUs and the Language packs? Does customer need to install Localization and Language packs in to E9 Pristine prior to the E1 810/E1 900 upgrade?
What are the best approaches for retrofitting the the modified objects after the upgrade?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms