E1: XMLP: XML Output in UTF-8 Displays Garbage for Alternate Languages
(Doc ID 853101.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 8.98 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customized report containing Simplified Chinese text derived from a media object text attachment did not output to xml correctly. When opened in Notepad some of the characters are displayed as squares and arrows. The Chinese text from column header or title were fine for xml. The xml encoding is already in UTF-8.
- Use Oracle BI template builder in Microsoft Word create a blank template file.
- Add an object to the the XMLP repository P95600 using the blank template name for the object name
- Create a RD in P95620 associating the UBE and the blank template name.
- Submit the RD to generate an XML file
- Now after this step noted the garbage or squares in the Simplified Chinese text.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document