WS: BIP: Getting Started with Oracle BI Publisher Using the JDBC Driver
(Doc ID 1068304.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards World Technical Foundation - Version A7.3 cume 4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Attachment updated. Feb. 25, 2011
Following the steps in this guide, you will learn to:
- Create a report with a simple SQL statement to get sample data.
- Use the sample data to create an xml file and upload it to MS Word.
- Utilize the MS Word Plugin to choose fields from the xml file to create a template.
- Upload the template to BIP.
- Execute the SQL statement and produce a report that uses the template.
This guide is intended for customers who want to use SQL and connect BI Publisher to the iSeries via the JDBC driver.
For customers at release A9.1 and later, you can also use Export functionality to create an xml file and connect BI Publisher to the iSeries IFS via a File Data Source. See <Document 1086981.1> for this information.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document