WS: 43: Release A9.2.1 - Zero Balance Adjustment created In Error (Without An Inventory Cost Change)
Last updated on MAY 16, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards World Inventory Management - Version A9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO Receipt (P4312)
An incorrect Zero Balance Adjustment is created when the inventory on hand balance is a negative quantity and a receipt is entered for the same quantity, bringing the inventory on hand balance value to zero.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE ISSUE
1. Create an item with inventory cost method 02 and cost US$ 139.50
2. On Issues program (P4114), issue 6 items
3. On Cardex (P4111), Inquiry on the item/branch. Quantity on hand is -6 and Value is -837.00
4. On PO Entry (P4311), enter a purchase order for a quantity of 6 and do not change the cost of the item
5. On PO Receipt (P4312), Inquire on the purchase order and receive it without changing item quantity or item cost.
6. On Cardex (P4111), Inquiry on the item/branch.
The header shows:
Quantity on hand = blanks (0)
Value = blanks (0)
but the detail lists a Zero Balance Adjustment with an extended cost of 1.674.00.
This Zero Balance Adjustment should not be created.
The receipt transaction above does not leave any residual amount in the inventory to justify the creation of a zero balance adjustment.
Do not create a Zero Balance Adjustment under these circumstances.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms