Oracle JD Edwards World Announces Release of A9.4
(Doc ID 1992811.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards World Expense Management - Version A9.4 and later
JD Edwards World Install/Upgrade/Migration - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
April 21, 2015, Oracle JD Edwards announces the general availability of JD Edwards World A9.4, a major new release for the JD Edwards World product line.
JD Edwards World has long enjoyed a well-earned reputation for robust capability, renowned stability, and a proven low Total Cost of Ownership. Flexibility, strength, simplicity, and consistency are key words for A9.4. This new Release Enables Increased Control and Reduced Costs through Enhanced Application Capabilities and Technology Foundation.
JD Edwards World continues to build upon earlier releases making user requests a reality with significant enhancements to Financial, Distribution, Manufacturing, Human Capital Management, Reporting and Technical Foundation applications. JD Edwards World A9.4 delivers robust and actionable information through application and reporting enhancements, reduced costs through streamlined processes, improved control through robust and flexible security, with continued commitment to globalization through localizations.
Included in JD Edwards World Release A9.4 is a new expense management solution. JD Edwards World Expense Management applications enable companies to manage all employee expenses including expense entry, approval, and reporting. Expense Management, which includes travel and expense management and purchase card management functionality, is fully integrated with Financials, Project Management, and Procurement. Employees can create expense reports, manage expenses charged to a company credit card, track and manage purchase cards, and enter transactions paid for with cash, check, or other credit cards by the employee.
- In addition, new expense categories for purchase card management automatically update employees’ transactions with the correct accounting information based on the expense category entered, simplifying the data entry process.
- Expense management approvals are supported by approval rules for your organization so that any expense transaction requiring an approval can be completed with the appropriate authority.
Also included in JD Edwards World Release A9.4 is a new Post program and associated programs to post transactions to the general ledger. For more information please see document New Post Program (P09870) in A9.4, document 2005572.1.
Other JD Edwards World A9.4 Application Enhancements
- Cost and Variance Capture by Work Center enables manufacturer to control profitability. Cost variances can now be defined, tracked and analyzed by work center, not just by cost components. Variances can be analyzed by work center to facilitate corrective action when required.
- Forecast Consumption by Customer improves forecasting and requirements planning accuracy. Forecasts can now be defined and consumed by customer based on actual sales and shipments. Companies who need more granular rather than aggregated values gain better insight into actual daily demand.
- Encumbrance and Commitment Accounting usability enhancements improve the tracking and auditing of commitments and encumbrances when purchase orders are cancelled, highlighting potential discrepancies in the commitment/encumbrance ledger.
- To improve the recording, reporting, and reconciling of tax information between Sales Order Management and Accounts Receivable, Procurement and Accounts Payable, new tax fields were added to both Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. These new fields support the detailed tax information that Sales Order Management and Procurement supply.
- User-defined data may now be added to the General Ledger Detail file (F0911).
- To meet Spain’s legislative requirements, Modelo 347 has been updated to support all companies with an annual turnover amount of more than 3,005 Euros with any given third party (customer or supplier).
- JD Edwards World continues to monitor possible security threats and provides security software updates to address these threats and to adhere to Oracle’s Security and Compliance policies.
For more information on JD Edwards World A9.4 product features, please visit Oracle Product Feature. your single source for JD Edwards upgrade information. This page links to important My Oracle Support sites including an electronic Upgrade Value Proposition tool, Upgrade Consortium information, Technical Catalog and more. For detailed information on Upgrading to A9.4, please log an upgrade planning service request to ensure you have the latest upgrade guide, upgrade checklists, minimum technical requirements and links to important documentation. Customers can upgrade directly to A9.4 from most prior releases of JD Edwards World (A73, A81, A91, A92, & A93).
To download the software, go to the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document