WS:08:P08933 Payroll Calculation Tool Update with Incorrect Pay Rate and Union Code
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards World U.S. Payroll Processing - Version A9.3 cume 1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Release: World A22.214.171.124
Actual Behavior : When changing the employee pay grade step using the payroll Calculation tool (P08933), system is updating it with the incorrect pay rate.
Expected Behavior: cal tool to retrieve the correct rate
Steps to produce:
1. Created/using existing pay grade step table with multiple entries using the same pay grade step but with different effective date and combine with union code vs. blank union code
2. Created/using existing employee. Populated employee with the pay grade step and union code from step 1 above.
3. From menu G08E1 take the Employee Multiple Job Entry (060118) option. Inquire on the employee then place a 3 in the OP column to exist to the Payroll Calculation Tool. Once in the Payroll Calculation Tool (08933), press F2 to select, press enter to pre-fill all the fields. Next locate the pay grade step field and change the pay grade step from an old value to a new value (in this case sample change from 1 to 2), filled in the old and new effective date press enter when done.
4. Next press F6 to run. At this point, you will be present it with the payroll calculation tool with the current and new value before pressing F9 to update.
5. You will notice the new pay rate is wrong. System appeared to be pulling the new pay rate from the pay grade step that have old effective date with the blank union code instead of the pay grade step with the union code with the current effect date. At this point, if F9 is press, system will update the employee master and multiple job with the incorrect pay rate and blank out the union code because it is reading the incorrect pay grade step from the table.
6. Business impact: have incorrect pay rate for the employee
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms