WS: 42: Sales Order Incorrectly Placed on Hold in P4211 Following Option 1 Exit From P42045 Customer Service After First Viewing Order That Is On Hold Using Option 1 Exit From P42045
(Doc ID 2523992.1)
Last updated on JULY 17, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards World Sales Order Management - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
World A9.4, Sales Order Management
Sales orders are going on hold in error and in addition are not writing records to the F4209 Held Orders file. Only the F4201 is updated with this new, incorrect hold code value. This happens when you inquire in P42045 - Customer Service on an order which is on hold, then use option 1 to exit to P4211 to view this order, then F3 back to P42045 and then use option 1 to exit to P4211 and inquire on an order that is not on hold. Now while viewing the order (not on hold) in P4211, press 'Enter' and then enter the 'Y' to confirm at which time this second order is placed on the hold that the first order was on. Also happens if not set to require entry of Y to confirm in P4211 version and happens when orders are created using either P4211 or P40211Z with hold codes applied manually or using program functionality.
The following are the steps required to duplicate the issue.
1. Create sales orders using both the P4211 & P40211Z, some orders should contain a hold code and others should not be on hold.
2. Starting at Customer Service Inquiry P42045, inquire to see these Orders noting some show a hold code and others do not.
3. Enter a 1 on the option line to Sales Order Entry next to an order with a hold code.
4. After viewing this order in P4211 screen, F3 exit back to the P42045 Inquiry screen.
5. Enter option 1 next to order that is not on Hold, press Enter to go to P4211.
6. Make no changes, but press Enter to Update Order.
7. Enter ‘Y’ to confirm update (if set on) and press Enter.
8. This Order goes on the Hold Code which the prior order was on but this newly held order does not update the Hold code File F4209, only the F4201 file is updated to show the hold code value.
The secondary order should not have this hold code added to it when following these steps.
Sales Order Entry - Detail P4211
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document