WS: 30: ECO & Line Type Field not Updating when using a Different Component Branch Plant (CMCU) Multibranch BOM Updates (P30510)
(Doc ID 2524412.1)
Last updated on JULY 23, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards World Product Data Management - Version A9.3 cume 1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When setting up a BOM (Bill of Material/P3002), users are allowed to add a component item using a different branch plant than what is defined on the BOM Header. This is accomplished by populating the field 'Comp. B/P' (CMCU) in the fold of the P3002 and it is referred to as 'crossing branch plants' or 'multi-branch bill'.
Engineering Change Order functionality also supports updating a BOM for a component item where the Component Branch Plant is different than the BOM header. When creating an ECO (Engineering Change Order) Related Item Window (P30131) for a component item that crosses over to a different branch plant, the Line Type (LNTY) for the component item defaults in correctly from the components branch plant field in the BOM. However, when running the Engineering Change Population (P30510), the Line Type field is replaced in the BOM using the BOMs header branch plant and not the component branch plant record populated in the field 'Comp. B/P' (CMCU).
Branch Plant M30 Item Branch Plant Master Records (P41026):
Item Number Line Type
Branch Plant M40 Item Branch Plant Master Component Record (P41026)
Item Number Line Type
The Bill of Material displays as follows:
Parent Item: ECO.PARENT in branch M30 (BOM header record) is added.
Component Item: ECO1 with Component Branch Plant M40 = Line Type SI is added.
Component Item: ECO2 with Component Branch Plant M30 = Line type BI is added.
1. ECO is created for a Change/Component (C/C) for component item ECO1 in branch M40
2. The Related Item Window (P30131) is created and the component item is attached to the parent item ECO.PARENT
3. The fold of the Related Item Window (P30131) displays correctly and Line Type SI is observed for component ECO1.
4. Within the fold of the Related Item Window, the Quantity Per is changed from 1 to 2.
5. Launch Engineering Change Population (P30510) using the ECO Number in the Data Selction that was just created.
6. Inquire on the Bill of Material for ECO.PARENT and press F4 to open the fold.
7. Notice that the Line Type field for the Change/Component record in the BOM has been overridden and now displays as SI.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document