WS: INST: New Group Software Update 2 for JD Edwards World Release A9.4 (A9402 Single Byte/D9402 Double Byte)
(Doc ID 2574918.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards World Install/Upgrade/Migration - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document contains the latest news for Software Updates available for JD Edwards World release A9.4. In order to help customers stay code current, Oracle is announcing Group Software Update 2 for release A9.4.
We are announcing the General Availability of Group Software Update 2 for JD Edwards World release A9.4.
What are Group Software Updates (GSU)?
- A Group Software Update (GSU) is cumulative
- Includes all bug fixes and regulatory enhancements since a major update release (i.e. A9.4)
- Reduces the need to apply manual Code Changes, since the source and objects are in the GSU
- Provides the ability to stay code current on our latest release
- Minimizes the amount of time to apply all current fixes for the latest release
Group Software Update 2 can be downloaded from My Oracle Support Patches & Updates:
A9402 - Group Software Update 2 for A9.4 or A184.108.40.206 | Single Byte
D9402 - Group Software Update 2 for A9.4 or A220.127.116.11 | Double Byte
To see the list of bugs included in Group Software Update 2 for release A9.4 or A18.104.22.168, go to My Oracle Support, Patches & Updates, select JD Edwards World Downloads, in the Search for Name field enter the Group Software Update name (i.e. A9402 or D9402), select the License Agreement and click Search. Next, click on the Software Update name, in the Summary tab you will see the prerequisites and list of bugs included or in the BUG Details tab review the bugs included.
Group Software Update 2 is the latest fix pack for A9.4 and supersedes Group Software Update 1. GSU 2 includes bug fixes as well as regulatory enhancements (e.g. ACA, Payroll, Revenue Recognition, Financial Year End, Localizations) complete as of 07/05/19. GSU 2 can be applied to A9.4 or A22.214.171.124 and supersedes GSU1, A9401/D9401. If you plan to upgrade to A9.4 or in the process of upgrading, we recommend you install GSU 2 once the A9.4 test environment is created and prior to testing or retrofitting modifications.
The following prerequisites must be installed before applying GSU 2:
- IBM Release: i7.1 or above
- JD Edwards World Release: A9.4 or A126.96.36.199
This Group Software Updates does not replace other JD Edwards World fix delivery methods:
- Single Software Updates will continue to be available for critical application areas (i.e. Payroll, Regulatory, Localizations, etc.)
- Code Changes will continue to be available for individual fixes, where applicable
- Applicable for customers already live on release A9.4, A188.8.131.52, or those starting an upgrade project
When applying Software Updates with IBM Adopted Authority implemented, the following instructions are included in the installation documentation:
For Releases A9.2 and above ONLY and using Adopted Authority: DSPSAVF FILE(Software Update name/SQLOWNOBJ).
If there are objects in the save file, proceed to the next step. These objects have *OWNER for the Dynamic User Profile. Restore the objects from the SQLOWNOBJ save file to the Software Update library: RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(SQLOWNOBJ) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(Software Update name/SQLOWNOBJ) RSTLIB(Software Update name)
For additional information on JD Edwards World release A9.4, please visit:
- Oracle JD Edwards World Announces Release of A9.4
- What Documentation is Available for an Upgrade to JD Edwards World A9.4
- Information Center: JD Edwards World Release A9.4
- Information Center: Upgrading to JD Edwards World Release A9.4
To collaborate with Oracle experts and industry peers, we encourage you to review, join or start a discussion in the JD Edwards - My Oracle Support Communities.
To look at upcoming or archeved Advisor Webcasts please see Advisor Webcast Details Document 1455377.1. If your topic is not currently scheduled, please suggest it.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document