WS: 07/08: 2019 EEO-1 Component 2
(Doc ID 2583498.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 24, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards World U.S. Payroll Processing - Version A9.3 and later
JD Edwards World Human Resources Management - Version A9.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The JD Edwards World Human Resource product has been enhanced to comply with the 2019 EEO-1 changes. Employers are responsible for filing the new EEO-1 Component 2 Report by September 30, 2019.
The changes include revised data collection for the EEO-1 report. This revised data collection has two components:
- Component 1 - Component 1 collects the same data that is gathered by the currently approved EEO-1: Specifically data about employees' ethnicity, race, and sex, by job category. (No change from current reporting and functionality)
- Component 2 - Component 2 collects data on employees' W-2 earnings and hours worked, which EEO-1 filers already maintain in the ordinary course of business. Component 2 will collect aggregate W-2 data in 12 pay bands for the 10 EEO-1 job categories. Employers will simply count and report the number of employees in each pay band. Component 2 will also collect the total number of hours worked by the employees included in each EEO-1 pay band cell. (New reporting and functionality)
For more details visit, https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo1survey/index.cfm
P05851A- EEO-1 Component 2 Maintenance
R05851A- Report - EEO-1 Hours Data
R05851B- Report - EEO-1 Employee count
F05854- EEO-1 Upload File Layout Specifications for 2017 and 2018
Vocabulary Override (VO) R05851A- EEO pay bands. For 2017 and 2018 reporting, the pay bands are the same and provided via Software Update. In the future, if EEO pay bands change, you will need to modify this via VO on the R05815A.
Setup IFS directory /home/EEO in order to retrieve the EEO-1 CVS file. Please see the Technical Tools Guide (Doc ID 2482945.1) for more information on creating an IFS directory.
Setup processing options for P05851A.
Processing option (PO) 1: Please note: PO#1 is an existing processing option that has been used for EEO-1 reporting. If you are a multi-establishment employer whose locations for reporting EEO-1 are a parent company with subsidiary companies, set processing option 1 to '1'. This allows each subsidiary company location to be processed as a company. Leave this processing option blank if your locations for reporting EEO-1 are a company with home business units and the reporting company is assigned to employees in the Employee Master. If your locations for reporting EEO-1 are a company with home business units and the reporting company is NOT assigned to employees in the Employee Master, enter a '2'.
Processing Option 2: This is a new PO for EEO-1 Component 2. The employees' W-2 earnings reported in Box 1 of the W-2 (FDAJ in F06730) are used as a reference to categorize the employees into the 12 pay bands or salary compensation bands defined for each of the ten EEO-1 job categories. Enter the Year-End ID from P06720 in Processing Option 2.
Processing option 3: This is new PO for EEO-1 Component 2 and it is for salary exempt employees. This option defines if you want the R05851A report to pull the actual hours the employee worked from the F0618 file or the estimate hour from proxy.
Processing option 4: This is new PO for EEO-1 Component 2. Use this processing option to specify whether the parent company was involved in any government contract during the reporting period. The value that you enter in this processing option appears as Y or N in section C, Question 3 of the EEO-1 report. This value is used to determine whether the establishment must file an EEO-1 report.
Steps to process the EEO-1 Component 2 reports:
Before processing the EEO-1 Component 2 report, ensure that you have payroll history and year-end IDs set up with data for the years being reported.
- From menu G07241 take the EEO-1 Report Component 2 (P05851A) option. Complete all the required field on this screen to add a record.
- Print EEO-1 Report by placing an 8 next your report status. Please note: There is no need to press F6 to submit on this screen. Print EEO-1 with 8 will produce both: the csv file as well as the two reports.
3. Review your two reports: The R05851A- Report - EEO-1 Hours Data and R05851B- Report - EEO-1 Employee count.
4. Go to your IFS folder /home/EEO to retrieve your EEO-1.csv file to submit to the government.
Apply the SU for the release listed below to receive the new functionality.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document