WS: 30/31: Bug 28887008 Does Not Correct All Alternate Costing Issues with Alternate Bills of Material or Alternate Routings
(Doc ID 2633913.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards World Shop Floor Management - Version A9.3 cume 1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Bug 28887008 - ALTERNATE ROUTING/BOM GIVE A1/D1 ENGINEERING VARIANCES, has been applied however, additional issues have been found when using alternate bills of material and alternate routings. Since applying Bug 28887008, Current Values (CCCU/CCCA) continue to populate for an alternate bill and routing in cost types B1 through C4. However, Cost Type A1 - Material and D1 - Outside Operation do not populate current values since applying this bug.
Now that Current Values are populating for all other cost types but A1 and D1 when using alternate bills and routings, an enhancement bug 29672050 - DO NOT WRITE CURRENT AMOUNTS/UNITS FOR ALTERNATE BOMS AND ALTERNATE ROUTINGS, has been written to not populate all other cost types.
Two tests were conducted to determine that Current Values are still writing. The steps used to confirm that current values are still writing to the F3102 - Production Cost field are:
1. Create a parent item using stocking type M and line type S.
2. Create a component using stocking type P and line type S.
3. Create an Outside Operation item using stock type X and line type X using parent items G/L Class Code (GLPT).
4. Assign an F4105 '08' Purchasing cost to both the purchased component and the outside operation item.
5. In Manufacturing Constants (P3009), ensure that the following values are populated with a 'Y' so that all cost types (A1 through C4) write to the Item Cost Component Add-Ons (F30026) file for the parent item:
Modify cost by Work Center Eff
Include Efficiency in Overhead
Include Var. Labor Overhead in cost
Calculate Var. on Direct Labor
Calculate Var. on Setup Labor
Include Fixed Labor Overhead in cost
Calculate Fixed on Direct Labor
Calculate Fixed on Setup Labor
Include Var. Machine Overhead in cost
Include Fixed Machine Overhead in cost
6. Create two Bills of Material (P3002). One for Bill Type M and one for an Alternate Bill such as Bill Type ALT in P3002 (2/G3011).
7. Create two Routings (P3003) for Routing Type M (field TRT) and Alternate Routing Type such as ALT. The ALT Routing should have an outside operation setup whereas the M Type Routing does not contain an outside operation. In addition, when creating the Alt Routing, add a Cost Type other than D1. Such as D2 for example for the Outside Operation Routing step.
8. Confirm that the work center(s) used on the M Type Routing contains Frozen Costs in all fields within the Work Center Rate Revisions (P30061):
Simulated/Frozen Work Center Rates:
Direct Labor . . . . 11.00 11.00
Setup Labor. . . . . 12.00 12.00
Labor Var. Overhead. 11.13 11.13
Labor Fixed Overhead 11.14 11.14
Machine Run. . . . . 13.00 13.00
Machine Var. O/H . . 13.33 13.33
Machine Fixed O/H. . 10.34 10.34
9. Run Cost Simulation (P30820) data selecting on parent item (Bill and Routing Types M) and add the Outside Operation item to the data selection.
10. Run Cost Freeze (P30835) data selecting on parent item and the Outside Operation item.
11. Inquire on Enter/Change Cost Components (2/G3014) to confirm all cost types (B1 thru C4) have been frozen.
12. Create a work order using Bill Type = ALT and Routing Type = ALT
13. Run Order Processing (P31410) to attach parts list and routing
14. Go to 17/G3014 Production Cost Inquiry and inquire on work order.
15. Note how the D2 Cost Type displays Current Amounts. Using another other Cost Type of D2 through D9 is allowed and no Current Amounts or Current Units should display when its an Alternate.
Create a new Make item using stocking type of M.
2. Create a new purchase component and add an 08 Cost Type to the P4105.
3. Go to the Alt Bill of Material and inquire on the parent item and Bill Type Alt from Issue one above. Replace the purchased component on Bill Type Alt with the new make item just created in Issue 2, Step 1.
4. A separate Alt Bill of Material needs to be created for the newly added make item using the purchased component from step 2 above.
5. Display the parent item and the Alt Bill of Material in Multi Level Bill Inquiry (P30200) and ensure that 2 levels are defined under the parent item.
6. The Cost Simulation and Cost Freeze do not need to be re-run as the M Bill Type and Routing Type have not changed.
7. Create a new Work Order using an Alternate Bill and Alternate Routing Type fields on the work order header
8. Run P31410 over the work order.
9. After P31410 completes, go to 17/G3014 and inquire on Production Cost Inquiry. Note: No Current Amounts or Units should display for any Cost Type when an Alternate is processed.
10. Bug 28887008 prevents the cost type of A1 from displaying for an alternate bill of material, which is correct. In addition, the D1 cost type does not display for the Outside Operation. However, cost types D2 through D9 display Current Amounts and Units along with B1 through C4 (which is incorrect).
11. Note that the A2 - Scrap cost type has not been tested. Neither have any extra costs, cost types Xx, or any cost type other than the hard coded cost types, should display for an alternate bill of material or routing.
Due to this issue, engineering variances could be writing for cost types B1 through C4 in addition to D2 thru D9 (outside operation), which is incorrect. Only planned variances should be created and written to the F0911. In addition, Production Cost Inquiry (P3102) displays Current Amounts and Current Units (if applicable) and should not be.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document