WS: 12: Assets Over Depreciated When Using Override Date Pattern for LT in Ledger Type Rules (P12855)
(Doc ID 2683604.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 08, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards World Fixed Assets - Version A9.3 cume 1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Compute User Defined Depreciation program (P12855) calculates the annual depreciation amount multiple times in a single year resulting in over-depreciation. This occurs when using the Override Date Pattern for LT in the Ledger Type Rules.
For example, the company is on a fiscal date pattern September through August and the Ledger Type Rules for the D7 ledger set up with Override Date Pattern for LT = R to calculate depreciation amounts based on a calendar date pattern, January through December. When the Compute User Defined Depreciation program (P12855) is submitted through the calendar year end, 12/31/16 in this case, the annual amount is calculated and booked to the D7 ledger as expected. If the Compute User Defined Depreciation program (P12855) is submitted a second time with the same thru date (12/31/16), the annual amount is calculated and booked again leaving the asset over-depreciated.
Steps to Duplicate
- Create a fiscal date pattern September through August (date pattern C)
- Verify date pattern R is calendar (January through December)
- Create a new company with fiscal date pattern C (begin 09/01/11)
- Add at least one business unit and chart of accounts to the company
- Set up Ledger Type D7 in 09/LT
- Add ledger type D7 to the Ledger Type Rules (G1241/9, D7/AA/2/Override Date Pattern = R)
- Create UDD Method H5 in UDC Table 12/DM with 1 in the Special Handling Code field
- Create Formula H04, 10*11, G1232/3
- Verify Formula 502 is set up
- Create new UDD method H5/84/A/I with annual multipliers (below) using H04 and 502 formulas:
Year 1-1 .57150000
Year 2-2 .12245000
Year 3-3 .08750000
Year 4-4 .06250000
Year 5-5 .04470000
Year 6-8 .11135000
- Create Depreciation Account Rules for the new company (G1241/7)
- Create Ledger Depreciation Rules for the new company (G1241/8)
- Add a new asset with date acquired 01/31/2012
- Verify depreciation information G1211/4 F14
- Add 68,869.66 cost by JE
- Create version of P12855
- Depreciate the D7 ledger annually, and submit the FA close:
- Submit P12855 a second time in final mode through 12/31/16
- Verify P12855 calculates an annual amount again
- Asset is over-depreciated
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document