WS: 1099: 2020 Year End Tax Reporting Changes for 1099 MISC and 1099 NEC ESU for Testing Purpose Release World A9.4
(Doc ID 2691690.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards World Accounts Payable - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Starting with the 2020 1099 Year-End reporting, Nonemployee Compensation is no longer reported on the 1099 MISC form - box 7. Instead, it is reported on form 1099 NEC (Nonemployee Compensation).
In addition, the 2020 1099 MISC form layout has changed with several boxes being in different positions.
More information on the changes can be found in document WS: 1099: 2020 Year End Tax Reporting Changes for 1099 MISC and 1099 NEC (Doc ID 2670550.1).
JD Edwards World is offering clients who are on release A9.4 the opportunity to test the upcoming changes in advance by applying a Software Update.
It is important to note the following:
- The Software Update is for test purposes only and should therefore only be deployed in a test environment. It should not be applied or promoted to production.
- This Software Update is not a replacement for the annual 1099 Software Update for A9.4. It will still be necessary to install the annual 1099 Software Update for A9.4, which is scheduled for release fall 2020, to obtain the full functionality for this year.
- The Software Update overrides the 2019 1099 code for the objects/source that are included in this test purposes only software update.
- The Software Update is only a partial solution for 1099 2020 year-end processing and is limited to 1099 MISC and 1099 NEC paper filing to suppliers functionality.
- Please note that 1099 INT, 1099 DIV and the electronic filing solution is not included in the Software Update.
2. How to Download the 1099 2020 Software Update for Testing Purposes
To obtain this Software Update for release A9.4, you must log a Service Request (SR) and include the following information:
- Problem Summary: 1099 2020 Software Update for Testing
- Problem Description:
- Enter “Request 1099 2020 Software Update for testing purposes for release World A9.4.
- Please note that the Software Update will be made available to the My Oracle Support (MOS) User ID of the person who logs the SR. If the email address in the SR is not the email address of your MOS User ID or of the person who will download the Software Update, please update the Alternate Contact Email Address in the SR with the correct information. In this case, please indicate in the SR Description that access to the Software Update should be provided to the alternate contact.
- Severity: 3
- Product: JD Edwards World Accounts Payable
Once the SR has been received and processed, you will be able to access the Software Update for download from the JD Edwards Update Center.
Should you have any questions or experience any issues after downloading this software update, please log a new SR with “1099 2020 Software Update for testing purposes” in the summary field.
3. Additional Resources:
Additional information can be found in the following documents:
- WS: 1099: 2020 Year End Tax Reporting Changes for 1099 MISC and 1099 NEC (Doc ID 2670550.1)
- JD Edwards World Release and IBM Operating System Requirements for 2020 Year-End Updates (Doc ID 2692029.1 )
- WS: 04: Checklist for Processing 2020 1099 Returns (Doc ID 2692094.1 )
- WS: 04: FAQ: Preview 1099 Media (P04512FP) and Write Media (P04515JQ) Programs (Doc ID 1180485.1)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|2. How to Download the 1099 2020 Software Update for Testing Purposes|
|3. Additional Resources:|