WS: 07: Excludable Greater than Gross Pay with Coronavirus Pay
(Doc ID 2713236.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 22, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards World U.S. Payroll Processing - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Employee receives covid pay as well as regular pay. The employee has medical deduction set as 125 plan. The tax type E exemption amount is greater than gross pay causing the In Excess amount to be populated with that excess amount as a negative amount. This is incorrect because exemption cannot be greater than gross pay and negative In Excess is positive wages. The information then reported on the 941 is incorrect.
1. Create an employee and assign a 125 deduction.
2. Create a covid pay type that is exempt from tax type E.
3. Enter timecard for the employee with a few hours regular time and the remainder covid pay.
4. Pull employee through payroll and update to history.
5. Review tax history created.
6. Submit 941 report and verify information.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document