WS: 0499: Preview 1099 Media (P04512FP) is Ignoring the Minimum Amounts for Nonemployee Compensation (1099-NEC) After Applying the 2020 1099 Update A942167562
(Doc ID 2735713.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 17, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards World Accounts Payable - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Preview 1099 Media (P04512FP) is ignoring the minimum amount that was in the 1099 Processing Option Setup (P04510STUP) for NEC MINIMUM AMOUNTS, Nonemployee Compensation.
Steps to duplicate issue:
If you already have data entered in any of the following files: AP Workfile (F045143) and/or the GL Workfile (F045141) for Nonemployee Compensation (for 1099-NEC form in box B1) or you have entered 1099 Adjustments (F045145) for 2020 for box B1 that is less than the minimum amount for Nonemployee Compensation (less than 600.00), do the following.
- Go to menu G0442, option 2 - 1099 Processing Option Setup.
- Verify Processing Option 1 is set to 20 for the Calendar Year, page down to Processing Option 11 for NEC MINIMUM AMOUNTS and verify this value is 600, then press enter.
- If you have already entered data for 2020 in either the AP Workfile (F045143) and/or the GL Workfile (F045141) for Nonemployee Compensation (for 1099-NEC form in box B1) or you have entered 1099 Adjustments (F045145) for 2020 for box B1 that is less than the minimum amount for Nonemployee Compensation (less than 600.00), then go to menu G04222 (A/P Ledger Method) or G04221 (G/L Ledger Method) and take the option for Preview 1099 Media.
- Verify the first processing option (see below) on Preview 1099 Media (P04512FP) is set to 1 to use the minimum amounts from the 1099 Processing Option Setup (P04510STUP) you previously submitted.
1. Enter '1' to print data as it would 1
appear on the Write Media, utilizing
the 1099 Minimum Amounts from the
1099 Set Up version. If left blank,
all selected data will appear and no
minimum limits will be used.
- Submit the report and note that the minimum amounts that were entered for box B1 (1099-NEC) are listed on the report even though the processing option stated to use the minimum amounts from the 1099 Processing Option Setup.
Alternately you can duplicate the issue by adding a record in the 1099 Adjustments workfile (F045145) directly via menu G04222, option 4 (or menu G04221, option 10)- 1099 Adjustments for box B1 with an amount less than 600.00, and then follow the steps above to submit the Preview 1099 Media.
Review the Preview 1099 Media and note that those Suppliers with amounts less than 600.00 in box B1 for Nonemployee compensation will not have any amounts less than 600.00 when you run Write Media from either menu G04222 or menu G04221.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document