WS: 09: 04: When the Voucher Number (DOC) is a Higher Number Than the Batch Number (ICU) the G/L Post (P09870) Incorrectly Creates an Intercompany Settlement Transaction When Posting the Voucher Batch
(Doc ID 2736876.1)
Last updated on MAY 17, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards World General Ledger - Version A9.4 and later
JD Edwards World Accounts Payable - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When entering Vouchers via Standard Voucher Entry - P04105 or Speed Voucher Entry - P041015, where the Voucher Number (DOC) is a higher number than the Batch Number (ICU) on the transaction, the G/L Post program (P09870) is posting an Intercompany Settlement transaction that should not be created on the batch since there is only one company on the transaction. In addition it is creating a damaged record because the Intercompany Account number is blank on one of the Intercompany lines.
Steps to Duplicate Issue:
- Verify the following:
- Intercompany Settlements on the General Accounting Constants (9K) = D (Detail)
- Accounts Payable Constants for Offset Method = B (Batch).
- Note the next number for the Batch # (NN fast path and first index for product code 00).
- Enter a voucher either via Standard Voucher Entry or Speed Voucher Entry (menu G0411, option 2 or 3) where you are overriding the Document Number (DOC) with a number that is higher than the Batch # (ICU) on the transaction. Use the same company on both the voucher and account number that is used on the Journal entry side of the transaction so no other company will be on the transaction.
- Post the batch and review the Posting Journal for the transactions that posted.
Note there is an extra/incorrect transaction for Intercompany Settlements on the Posting Journal. The second line not have an account number, but both lines balance and are posted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document