WS: 0499: When Writing Electronic Media (P04515) for Non-Employee Compensation - 1099 - NEC (P045156) the Program is Putting an Extra C Record with Zero Amount in the 1099 Transmittal File (F1099T)
(Doc ID 2751793.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards World Accounts Payable - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When processing 2020 1099's for Non-employee compensation (1099 NEC), the Write Media (P04515) for Electronic Filing shows a C record with no amounts along with other company's data that do have amounts for Non-Employee compensation (box B1 on the 1099-NEC form).
Steps to duplicate:
- Verify the 1099 Processing Option Setup (J04510STUP) on menu G0442, option 2 has been run to stamp the minimum amounts used in the 1099 process.
- Verify if all the Non-employee compensation (NEC - box B1) records for a company are either below the minimum amount for NEC, or the amounts are offsetting and net to Zero. Use one of the following methods to check for these records:
- Use Preview 1099 Media (P04512FP) on menu G04222, option 3 (AP Method) or G04221, option 9 (GL Method) and set the first processing option to blank to see all the the amount including those under the minimum.
- Use 1099 Adjustments (P045101) on menu G04222, option 4 (AP Method) or G04221, option 10 (GL Method) and inquire on a specific Supplier Address number.
- Run Write Media (P04515) on menu G04222, option 5 (AP Method) or G04221, option 11 (GL Method) and F6. Use the following values to write the Electronic File:
- Calendar Year for 1099's = 2020
- Type of Return = B
- Output Type = T
- Form Type = O
- Payer Name Control
- Transmitter Company
- Transmitter Control Code
- Contact E-Mail address
- If using a different Write Media Workfile Name and Write Media Workfile Library enter those, otherwise leave them blank.
- If using a different Version of the Write Media, enter that on the bottom line or use Version ZJDE0001.
Press enter to submit.
- Review the Summary Report for Form 4804/4802 and then use the following command to review the data in the F1099T 1099 Transmittal file: DSPPFM FILE(F1099T)
Note: If using a different Write Media Workfile Name and Write Media Workfile Library you can use the format DSPPFM FILE(library name/workfile name).
- When reviewing the data in the F1099T you will see the following C record with no total number of B records and no amounts below either the T record or below another valid Company (C) line:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document