WS: 42: Sales Order Header F18 Fails to Copy Header Data to All Detail Lines when the First Line is a Text Line in Sales Order Detail in A220.127.116.11
(Doc ID 2754082.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards World Sales Order Management - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For release A18.104.22.168 when you copy updated Sales Order header data to Sales Order detail using the function F18 key, if there are text lines (line type T) and/or possibly other nonstock lines in the initial lines 1.000, 2.000, you must press F18 multiple times to have all lines in Sales Order detail, update. The fields that are being changed in the Sales Order header can be found by accessing a Sales Order header (P4210) and pressing F20 - Header File Defaults (P40HDR). The field that is being updated is Requested Date (SHDRQJ). In release A9.3.1 you press F18 one time from the header all lines in sales order detail are updated.
If there are two text lines at the beginning of sales order detail with six total lines added in sales order detail, you must press F18 once for each text line and continue pressing F18 until all other lines are updated.
Steps to Recreate this Issue:
Prior to following these steps, access a blank Sales Order header screen (P4210) ad press F20 to review the fields that have been selected in Header File Defaults (P40HDR).
1. Create a new sales order header (2/G4211)
2. Add sales detail with the first four lines as text lines followed by one line type D item.
3. Save the sales order.
4. Inquire back on the sales order header and change the Requested Date (SHDRQJ).
5. Press F18 - Update Detail Records with Header Info.
6. Press enter to go to the SO Detail. Press F4 to locate the Requested Date.
7. In some cases, only the first or second line of the text are updated with the new Requested Date. However, the actual line type D item is never updated.
8. F3 to go back to the SO Header and press F18 again. This time the third text line may updated but it is not guaranteed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document