WS: 43: 00A: Approvals Management Groups/Multi-Level with 'Or' Conditions Bypasses Second Approver-Updates Next Order Status (NXTR) - Error 581T - P4311/P43060/P00A12
(Doc ID 2769145.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards World Procurement - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a PO via the PO Entry program P4311 and/or also creating a PO from a Requisition P43060 with associated Approvals Management set up that has groups with multiple approval levels plus 'Or' conditions, the new order should maintain the Next Status (NXTR) as an open approval status (ex. 230). Instead, the program updates the NXTR to a completed approvals status (ex. 280) as if the order is fully approved, bypassing the second approver. When checking the Approvals Workbench P00A12, option 9, there are other approvers waiting to approve the order. If you take an option 3 to approve, you receive Error 581T - Approval Request Already Completed.
You can duplicate the issue by setting up Approval Management with approver groups, routes with multiple levels with 'Or' conditions.
Steps to Duplicate:
1. Create 3 Approver Groups P00A18
2. Create 3 Approver Routes P00A19
3. Create 3 Rules Sets P00A17
4. Create PH Approval Schedule P00A20
5. Set Processing options for Approvals Management in PO Entry P4311
APPROVALS MANAGEMENT PROCESSING:
62. Enter the Open status. 295
63. Enter the Pending Approval status.
64. Enter the Rejected status.
65. Enter the Approved/Pending Header 295
66. Enter the Approved/Header Rejected 297
67. Enter the Approved status. 300
6. Enter a PO for 20,500, qty 1 using the first level approver - 5xxxxxxx
7. Check the P43032 Purchasing Ledger to see the PO status codes
- There should be several records.
- The first will be at status 220/295.
- The second shows program for approvals... status should be at 220/295 to be correct as you have another approver to go.
- Note: It is at status 295/300. This is incorrect.
- Next couple entries are also for approvals program and at status 295/300
8. Inquire on Approval Type = PH and Approval Status = * in Approvals Workbench P00A12. Search for your order or type it into the Transaction Key field.
9. Enter 9 into the option field and see the approvers on the list. It should say one approver has responded and there is another yet to go. In this test, approver 5xxxxxx responded, 6Axxxxxx still needs to respond/approve 10.Inquire on the PO in PO Entry P4311, same version used to enter the order.
10. In the PO Detail at bottom left note the message - Order Approved
11. Create a requisition w/o approvals management
12. Generate a PO from a Requsition P43060 which calls version with Approvals Management. The new PO has the same problem with the next status code being advanced too early.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document