WS: 07: A Benefit DBA P069117 With An Effect On Check 4 Is Adding The Amount To The Taxable Gross For Tax Area 48 Tax Types G2 and H2
(Doc ID 2802570.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 27, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards World U.S. Payroll Processing - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Tax Type 48 G2/H2 Taxable Gross is incorrectly calculated/updated in history after the final update.
Employees have a benefit DBA that has an effect on check set to a 4. The Effect on check of a 4 is a cash benefit that is non-taxable. The benefit will not have an effect on gross and would only add to the net income. When this scenario is met and processing a check (interim check process) or regular prepayroll, the taxable gross amount for tax type 48 G2 & H2 is overinflated by the amount of the benefit DBA that has an effect on check of 4. Since the system calculated the taxable gross incorrectly during the interim check and prepayroll, history also updated with the incorrect taxable gross for these two tax types as well
1. Set up a benefit DBA with effect on the check as 4. Attach the DBA to an employee that works/reside in a tax area 48
2. Create an interim check. Confirmed the taxable gross for tax area 48 and tax types G/H2 is overinflated by the amount of the benefit DBA from step 1.
3. Run this interim check thru payroll all the way thru the final update step.
4. Go to paycheck review and void (P060611) and inquire about the employee check. Confirmed taxable gross for tax type G2 and H2 is incorrect
5. Go to pay and tax by month (P069901), inquire on the employee from step 1 and confirm the taxable gross for tax type G2 and H2 is overstated by the benefit DBA from step 1
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document