WS: 07: A Benefit DBA, set up in P069117 With An Effect On Check 4, is adding the Amount to the Taxable Gross for Tax Area 48 (WA) and Tax Types G2 and H2 During Payroll Processing, P06210
(Doc ID 2802570.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 24, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards World U.S. Payroll Processing - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Tax Types G2 (employee paid state misc) and H2 (employer paid state misc) for tax area 48 (WA) with Effect on Check = 4 (cash benefit, non -taxable with no effect on gross and only added to net income) is adding the DBA amount to the taxable gross which is resulting in an inflated taxable gross amount in history.
1. Set up a benefit DBA with effect on check = 4 in P069117, DBA Setup and attach the DBA to an employee in P060181 Employee DBA Instructions, who works/resides in Washington (tax area 48).
2. Create an interim check in P060531. Confirm the taxable gross for tax area 48 and tax types G2/H2 is inflated by the amount of the benefit DBA from step 1.
3. Process this interim check in Payroll Processing, P06210, and run thru the Final Update, P063901, step, which updates tax history.
4. Go to Paycheck Review and Void, P060611, and inquire on the employee's check. Confirm the taxable gross for tax types G2 and H2 is incorrect.
5. Go to Pay and Taxes by Month, P069901, inquire on the employee from step 1 and confirm the taxable gross for tax types G2 and H2 is overstated by the benefit DBA from step 1.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document