WS: 43: Using Selection Option 9 to Cancel a PO Line in (P4312) Writes Journal Entries (F0911) When No J/E's Should Write
(Doc ID 2814062.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 15, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards World Procurement - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using selection option 9 - Cancel Balance of Line in Enter Receipts by PO or by Line (P4312), writes General Ledger Journal Entries to the Account Ledger (F0911). When this occurs, we cannot tie back to the Purchase Order Receiver File (F43121) or the Item Ledger/Cardex (F4111) file.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create and process at least one purchase order with one detail line. This step includes Print Purchase Orders (P43500) if this is part of the normal purchase order process.
2. Inquire on the purchase order in Enter Receipts by PO or by Item (P4312).
3. In the PO Receipt screen, populate option 9 - Cancel for the detail line. Make note of the Batch Number and Receipt Document Number.
4. While the PO Receipt screen is displaying, press F13 - Exit to Review Journal Entries. Notice that F0911 records were written for the canceled line.
5. When posting the Receipt Batches, these entries are now part of the General Ledger when no entries should be writing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document