WS: 83: Error 0004 "Date Invalid or Missing" Issued When a Date Field is Selected in the General Specifications Using *RANGE or *VALUE and a New Field Added to the General Specifications
(Doc ID 2854142.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards World FASTR - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a date field is selected and defined using *RANGE or *VALUE in the FASTR General Specifications, error 0004 "Date Invalid or Missing" is issued when any new field is added to the General Specifications.
In addition to error 0004, the dates defined in the *RANGE are changed from MM/DD/YYYY format to Julian format, and the dates defined in *VALUE are changed to an entirely different date (e.g. 12/31/2020 to 12/03/1966).
- Create a new FASTR version or change an existing version, menu G83 Option 1, 2 or 3
- In General Specifications, select a Date Field (e.g. Planned Start Date)
- Use NE *RANGE, open the fold (F4) and define the date range (e.g. 01/01/20 - 12/31/2020), F3 to exit
- Use 2 (change/revise) in the Option field to change the FASTR version
- Access the General Specifications with 1 in the Option field
- Use F16 to display all fields, select another field such as Region and define a value (e.g. EQ *ALL), press enter
- Note *RANGE in the Planned Start Date field is highlighted, in error
- Use F7, see Error 0004 "Date Invalid or Missing"
- Use F3 to go back to the General Specifications
- Open the fold (F4), note the date format has changed from MM/DD/YYYY to Julian format
- Change the Planned Start Date selection to EQ *VALUE and define the date as 12/31/20
- Use F3 to exit the version and re-enter using 2 (change/revise) in the Option field and 1 in the Option field to select the General Specifications
- Use F16 to display all fields, select another field (e.g. Type Business Unit EQ *ALL), press enter
- Open the fold (F4), verify the date in the Planned Start Date has changed from 12/31/20 to 12/03/1966
Upgrade to A9.4.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document