WS: 09: Account Ledger Detail (F0911) and Account Balance (F0902) Records are Created with Blank AID (Account ID) When Accounts are Created Dynamically and Warning 065P "Model Account Number Not Setup" is Ignored (P09101)
(Doc ID 2863112.1)
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards World General Ledger - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The feature and functionality of Dynamic Account Creation is creating Account Ledger Detail (F0911) and Account Balance (F0902) records with the Account ID field blank (GLAID and GBAID = blank) when entering a Journal Entry via P09101.
For example, create a four line journal entry. Enter two line items to account numbers with preceding & sign that exist in the model business unit, and enter two line items with preceding & sign to account numbers that do not exist in the model business unit. The line items entered to the accounts that do not exist in the model business unit highlight, warning 065P "Model Account Number Not Setup" is issued. However, the message is a warning, not a hard error; you can enter through the warning and the journal entry batch is created. Set the batch to Approved Status and submit the batch to post. The batch posts successfully without error resulting in F0911 records with GLAID = blank for the two accounts not in the model business unit, and an F0902 record with GBAID = blank for one of the accounts not in the model business unit. All F0911 records are updated as posted, with GLPOST = P. The F0902 record created with GBAID = blank has no amount posted to it; the F0902 records created for accounts in the model are correct. Account Master (F0901) records are created correctly for the two accounts that exist in the model business unit. Account Master (F0901) records are not created for the accounts that do not exist in the model business unit as expected.
- G09411/2/P00105, Company Numbers & Names - Create a new Company or use an existing company
- G90/3/P0005A, User Defined Codes - Inquire on Product Code 00, User Defined Code MC, add Business Unit Type MD 'Model Business Unit' if it doesn't already exist
- G09411/4/P0006, Revise Single Business Unit - Create Model Business Unit MD, set Type Business Unit (STYL)to MD in the Company from Step 1
- G09411/14/P0901, Accounts by Business Unit - Add a model chart of accounts if one does not already exist - ensure the Model/Consolidation field (FMOD) = M on all accounts
- G09411/2/P00105, Company Numbers & Names - Create a new Company
- G09411/4/P0006, Revise Single Business Unit - Create a new Business Unit in the new Company and set the Business Unit (STYL) to MD (the same Business Unit Type as Model Business Unit MD)
- G09411/14/P0901, Accounts by Business Unit - Add accounts to the Business Unit created in Step 6, but do NOT add accounts that exist in Model Business Unit MD
- G0941/2/P000909, General Accounting Constants - Verify Allow Invalid Accounts = Y
- G0911/2/P09101, Journal Entry - Add a journal entry, enter two lines to account numbers that exist in the Model Business Unit but do not exist in the business unit created in Step 7, enter the account numbers with a preceding & sign (A8.1 and above; # sign in A7.3) and enter two lines to account numbers that do not exist in the Model Business Unit also with preceding & sign. Press enter and note the accounts that do not exist in the model business unit are highlighted, in error
- Use F7, to view the Error Text 065P "Model Account Number Not Setup"
- Use F3 to go back to the journal entry and press enter, ignore the warning, the Journal Entry Batch is created, note the Batch Number
- G0911/7/P09201, General Journal Review - Inquire on the Batch Number from step 11, set the Batch to Approved, enter A in the App field (IAPP), press enter then F3 to go back
- G0911/8/P09870, Post General Journal - Submit the batch to post, enter the Batch Number in the Enter Batch Number field and press enter
- On the command line, use Hidden Selection 33, find the Batch Job Posting Journal in the Spooled Files
- Enter 8 in the Option field next to the post job, J098700001, press enter
- Enter 5 in the Option field next to File R09870, User Data P09871
- Review the Posting Journal, verify the batch posted without error
- G09411/14/P0901, Accounts by Business Unit - Inquire on the Business Unit created in Step 6 and verify the new accounts created (the two accounts that exist in the model); note F0901 records NOT created for the accounts that do not exist in the model business unit (consider using a query tool over the F0901 Account Master File to verify the new accounts created / not created)
- Review the records in the F0911 file, use a utility tool to query the F0911 file by the Batch Number in Step 9 (GLICU = XXXXXXXX where XXXXXXXX is the Batch Number); note all records updated as posted, GLPOST = P. The two records for accounts that exist in the model business unit exist with the preceding & as entered and contain an Account ID (GLAID = XXXXXXXX where XXXXXXXX is the eight character account ID) and the two records for the accounts that do NOT exist in the model unit exist with the preceding & as entered, but the Account ID is blank (GLAID = blank)
- Review the records in the F0902 file, use a utility tool to query the F0902 file for the records created with and without Account ID, GBAID = ' ' to identify records created with a blank AID and GBAID = 'XXXXXXXX' for the accounts and records created with a valid AID
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document