WS: 42: Error 156X - Item is Obsolete Does Not Cancel/Close Obsolete Kit Components Lines to Status 980/999 - P4211
(Doc ID 2908891.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards World Sales Order Management - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
At Sales Order Entry (P4211), even if Error 156X - Item is Obsolete is invoked, the obsolete kit component line is not cancelled with status codes 980/999.
Steps To Duplicate:
1. Create a Bill of Material (P3002) with an item that is obsolete.
2. Ensure the Obsolete Item has a stocking type (STKT = O) in the Item Branch Plant (B/P - P41026).
Note: Even if there is on hand/ available, this should not matter to the test. Summary Availability P41202.
3. Enter a sales order for the kit.
4. Press Enter
5. Receive Error 156X – Item is Obsolete
6. Save the order
7. Re-inquire on the sales order and note the component line is not cancelled. It remains open and shippable.
8. Second test: Add the obsolete item as a separate line and Error 007V - Item is Obsolete is invoked. Upon re-inquiry the line item is cancelled. This is correct.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document