WS: 42: Route Workday Calendar. "037E - Warning - Date entered is not a work day" Is NOT Generated when Populating Additional Fields Beyond 'Branch Plant', 'Sold To' & 'Ship To' in the Sales Order Header (P4310)
(Doc ID 2927947.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards World Sales Order Management - Version A9.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ROUTE Work Day Calendar does not issue 037E warning, (037E - Warning - Date entered is not a work day), in all order entry situations.
If you have a Route Workday Calendar (Calendar Type = Route) that is also defined with a valid 'Calendar Value' from UDC 42/RT - Route Code, when creating a sales order where fields Branch Plant, Sold To, Ship To, Requested & Customer PO are all populated in the header, upon pressing enter, there is no warning related to this not being a work day. The header fields must be populated in a specific sequence along with Enter being pressed at the right time in order to generate this warning. You would expect the 037E warning to be generated even when at time of order entry, Header fields Branch Plant, Sold To, Ship To, Requested & Customer PO are all populated prior to pressing Enter.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Define a Workday Calendar with "Calendar Type" = Route and "Calendar Value" = a specific 3 digit value, for example XYZ. (NOTE: This value must be a valid value in UDC 42/RT - Route Code.)
- Go to Customer Billing Instructions for the Sold To / Ship To number to be used on this order.
- Set field Customer PO Required = Y.
- Press F12 for Second Page which will take you to P42061 - Billing Instructions-Page 2 (CBI).
- In CBI, populate the Route (ROUT) field with the same value you entered as the Calendar Value on the Workday Calendar.
- Go to P4211 and enter data in the Branch Plant, Sold To, Ship To, Requested Date & Customer PO number fields.
- Press Enter.....The 037E warning is NOT generated.
- Repeat step 6, but this time only populate fields Branch Plant, Sold To & Ship To only.
- Press Enter.....This will cause the Route value to default into the Route field of the sales order header and error 4599 - Customer Order Number Required will be generated.
- Enter the Customer PO number in the Customer PO field and also input a Requested Date that is a non-work day.
- Press Enter.....The Requested Date is now highlighted in error with 037E - Warning - Date entered is not a work day.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document