WS: 31: Lot and Location Disappear From Work Order Parts List
(Doc ID 635904.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards World Shop Floor Management - Version A8.1 cume 2 to A8.1 cume 4 [Release A8.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sometimes after an issue has been done, if you go back into the issues screen and open the fold, the lot and location are blanked out. If you look in the Item Ledger (Cardex), the information has been recorded correctly there.
Steps to reproduce this problem:
- Set Manufacturing Constants for Commit Control = 1. Hard/Soft Commit = 3, Soft Commit until inventory is relieved.
- Create a work order for a parent item.
- Attach a parts list that has two components; one lot controlled and one not lot controlled.
- Soft commit both components to the primary location by running Order Processing (P31410).
- Completely issue the lot controlled component using the multi-location option from the Inventory Issues program (P31113) to select a lot . This transaction will hard commit the item.
- Inquire on the WO Parts List (P3111) and make note of the lot location information.
- The non-lot component can be completely or partially issued. It does not matter.
- Set the WO status less than the Repost Open Quantities program (P3190) processing option.
- Run the repost program over this WO.
- Inquire on the WO Parts List (P3111) confirming the lot location information is blank for the lot controlled component. The Repost program rewrote the location to soft commit primary in error.
This will not occur if Hard/Soft Commit is set to a 1 or 2 in Manufacturing Constants.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document